The Sub-Set Logic Fail
I always learn something when speaking to centered and it is always fascinating. This is the “awareness” I speak of. The quality of cognizance that an idiot lacks. An idiot is only capable of “shortcut” thinking. (top down) They have turned off their bullshit detector, which in a centered is continuously running in the background, monitoring and setting trigger points, (shortcuts) as necessary. And they play games with their rubber ruler. Nothing wrong with a rubber ruler or shortcut thinking as long as it is realized that that’s what it is. And this makes sense, Charlie Chimp can’t be standing around the paleolithic savannah with his head up his ass or he’ll be lion lunch.
This is the brain fart, the sub-set function generator built into the mind. This is a logic fail which an idiot cannot even conceive of, dismissing bottom up thinking as metaphysical bullshit or psychosis. I am amused and distressed by the attempts to find out why Einstein was smart. They do MRI scans, fractal analysis on the convolution patterns, compare volume of various structures to the norm. I could save them a bunch of money. Einstein was smart because he wasn’t an idiot. He was NORMAL. A person who was centered and interested in the way the universe worked. His mind hadn’t been hijacked. A mirror is required to bypass this built in sub-set function generator to set trigger points. One thing that you may not have been aware of. There is no TRUTH, but there are many truths. (there is more than one way to skin a cat) that in itself a truth, a viral meme, a broadcast shortcut. TRUTH precludes understanding, truth doesn’t.
Some of my shortcuts on the centered.
- They are not threatened by new ideas. They will “honestly” evaluate a new concept applying appropriate logic to relevant facts.
- They are cross disciplinary. IE a centered poet is fully capable of understanding the concept of a cosmic standing wave, and the importance of it without the need to go into physics or math.
- They have an influence far out of proportion to their numbers. They are the “cooler heads that prevail” in decision making.
- They have a sense of social responsibility. They understand that as “a rising tide raises all ships, a sinking ship drowns passengers and crew alike”. They can balance the needs of the individual with the needs of society.
- They are complete and unique, in and by themselves, without the need for approval or validation.
- They are capable of dealing with a concept on another’s terms. For instance, on reading your website, they can see the concept from your perspective.
- They always do the right thing. Even when no one is watching.
Essentially, they are non-idiots.
To clear up something I said earlier, when I was speaking of yoga being “mental masturbation” I was speaking of idiots. They are in a place that their brains are not wired to comprehend. It comes across as a psychedelic experience. They are incapable of seeing the “big picture”.
I am, however, uneasy with the word yoga, it sounds kinda effete. A “real” man does Zen.”
But of course it’s not the only modeling mechanism. That would be TRUTH, and TRUTH is dogma, an inflexible belief system TRUTH is the bane of physics, (and of man as a whole) Only an idiot believes in TRUTH. My sub-set modeling system is truth, specifically my truth. IE my “best answer to date” I have others which I apply as appropriate. They are equally as valid, and some of them would seem to be contradictory. What must be kept in mind in our attempt at understanding is the existence of the brain fart. In like manner I feel that belief in god is a perfectly valid belief system, as long as you don’t let religion get in the way. To me religion and god are mutually exclusive concepts. And maybe the big hoochie coochie IS god. Wouldn’t that be cool?
To summarize there are 3 main types of brain fart
TBF – Taoist Brain Fart, Inability to analyze
ABF – Aristotelian Brain Fart, Inability to generalize
RBF – Religious Brain Fart, Inability to spiritulize
There are others of course, Hipostatized belief systems that leave the victim, quite literally “half witted”, an idiot. Stupid, intelligent perhaps, but stupid nonetheless.
“GOD transcends religion, religion doesn’t transcend GOD” – el Loco Gringo
“Occidentals seek insight, orientals seek outsight” – el Loco Gringo
“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. “ – Robert Heinlein (Specialization is for idiots.)
I have another website called Atenolol Dreams which explores the workings of the right mind via lucid dreaming. In one dream I am approached by Dr. ANN, what I call my overseer. I said “I think therefore I am” Descartes” She replied “No, I think therefore you are” Hmmm!
This is an excellent paper I got from Mali Musings which has a non inconsitant take on the brain fart.
– The first part was about a 300 year old philosophy that heavily influenced Western Theology.
– The second part looked at how medieval psychology influences us until today.
– And the third part explained how we ended up with a false dichotomy because of these two influences.
Why can no one smell the brain fart?
It’s stinking up the cranium